Nov 28, 2016

House Beautiful: my own home - II

My last move with in the previous city was into this one bedroom house. I made some amazing friends for life while living in this complex. And also spent the initial days of my pregnancy here before we moved back to India. This home was where most of my furniture came in. I religiously scouted thrift stores and craigslist to find vintage mid century pieces of my choice, So here we go.

Welcome home...

The front door and entryway. 
We had a shoes and jackets closet on the left and a Jack and jill bathroom on the right.




Living and dining room all in one :)


we bought a mid century piece initially and then brought home a Drexel's Declaration dining set designed by Kipp Stewart and Stuart Macdougall. Thats the dining area with the accent wall and a peek into our tiny kitchen.



A peek into the kitchen...The cabinets were very neat and very clean line..the way I like :)


a few more pictures of my kitchen on my food blog's kitchen tour post >> Kitchen Tour 

And back to the living area- a glance at how our furniture collection evolved. I picked up some lovely lamps and accessories from the 50-60s and tried to remain true to the vintage vibe with an addition of our Crosley radio :). Though we let go a lot over time, my husband and I have fond memories of all the lovely pieces we had. 


view of our dining area from the living area.


Mantle decked up with my set of Maparachi dolls and a frame of the embroidered elephant and a few other curios :)

The mantle decked up for Diwali, our festival of lights


clicked from while on the rocking chair. Oh yes I have a thing for rocking chairs :). Read more about the rockers I owned over time > Here and Here 



A few tablescapes :) with our priced possessions










My love for plants and greens indoors :)




The bedroom

 I miss this apartment and the group of friends we had memorable times with :).



4 comments:

  1. Compact and beautiful. Did you bring some of those items back to India?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey R
      so good to see you visit the blog. And yes we got back some major pieces to india. Hoping to set up the place decent enough to post a tour :).

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! I look forward to seeing photos of your current home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I m yet to setup the place Dana ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You made my day!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.