May 2, 2011

Vintage Love ~ Floor Lamp

Came across this beautiful teak floor lamp and had to share it on TDE :). The owner repaired its broken stem with twine thread...and it still looks lovely

teakFloorLamp

I go weak in my knees when I see wooden lamps. Here is another one (a very detailed view)
\


My grandfather made one in the late eighties. It is a simple lamp, but holds a special place in my heart. I lost the original shade but replaced it with a traditional Leather, Hand painted one (crafted by artisans who make puppets for Tholu  Bommalata ( traditional puppet show - Andhra Pradesh)




11 comments:

  1. Lovely lamp Sudha and great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so graceful Sudha! And I love your grandfather's lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Lamps Sudha. I love these leather puppet lamps from andhra ( ofcourse I come from there)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Shanthi
    Great to know that you are from Andhra Pradesh too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! Lovely.. I dont have a floor lamp at home.. must get myself one!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm:) This was my study table lamp for 3 years..!! :) love it and i am glad it is in safestestest hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank u prachi, patty, Dana, Pravz

    glad u like the lamp...i plan to buy one of them some day :)


    @Pravz
    thank u for saying that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that first lamp. Fabulous! I think it wants to move into my home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. You made my day!

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.